You can get the Sardis Calendar continually updated in your phone in just a few steps below.
How to stay up to date with Sardis’ Calendar on your tablet or mobile device:
1. Click the +Google Calendar button at the bottom right edge of the Sardis Calendar above.
2. When you are directed to a Google login page, login with the Google/Gmail account that you use for the phone or tablet that you want the Calendar to appear on. (More detail: if you have different Google accounts for each device, you’ll need to repeat this with each account for each device that you want the calendar to appear on.)
3. After login, you may be taken to your own calendar page within your Google account. If you are asked to confirm adding the calendar, just keep the default options and click OK. The Sardis public calendar should begin to appear shortly in your device that is running Google Calendar software (most Android phones already come with this.) It may be necessary to open the Calendar app on your phone or tablet and look into the settings to select the newly added Sardis Calendar as a visible and/or synced calendar. If you don’t see the calendar events, check your options in your calendar app to ensure it is now selected.
IPhone/IOS Instructions (and most desktop calendar software):
1. Copy the following link (Don’t download the .ics file) for the Sardis Baptist Church public calendar:
(You may want to view this site on your IPhone as you are doing this, so you can copy the link to your IPhones’ ‘clipboard’ so as to avoid having to type out the link in the later steps. This link should also work for other calendar software that supports ical feeds. In that case, you want to look for an option to SUBSCRIBE to a calendar for updates. Avoid selecting IMPORT as it may only bring the events in one time. And remember, don’t just download the file, that may result in simply importing the events one time without allowing future updates to automatically sync.)
2. On your IPhone, tap the “Settings” icon, then scroll down and select “Calendars.”
3. Tap “Add Account” and select “Other.”
4. Select the “Add Subscribed Calendar” option, fill in the previously copied Calendar URL in the Server box and click “Next.” The next page may show username/password settings, but just proceed without entering anything (this is a publically viewable calendar).
5. Toggle your view of the subscribed calendar by opening the Calendar app and tapping “Calendars” in the upper left corner. Tap a calendar name to either display or hide calendar events.
If you find anything in the above instructions that could be improved or is just wrong, please do use the contact form (and select Website Tech) to let us know so we can make some revisions. Thanks.